Sunday 22 May 2011

Quick Update


Today's profit/loss: +£5.32



Just a quick update.

Only traded a few races this evening after getting back from work.

I had a problem with my wireless internet connection that I am currently using, as my make shift trading room is too far from my router.

The connection has been quite bad at times and on a few occasions trades get matched before the information is passed on to me!! - I really need to get hard wired before I lose a large chunk of my bank through this.

Also I have been thinking about redundancy measures for if my internet connection disconnects or a power cut hits my house.

I think a laptop with a dongle would be perfect or possibly even an Ipad from what I have seen here, http://www.youtube.com/user/betangeltv#p/u/25/c-UGIGDVzFE that looks great.

I have invested £100 to trading and am not going to invest any more, if I make a crazy purchase of something like an Ipad (that I would never generally do!) it would come out of any profit made from trading so I have to work for it and look after my bank.

Also what I would ideally like is a 24" monitor linked up to my laptop from which I trade off for now. It would fit perfectly in my set-up and I think it would be a lot easier to trade from and get an over all picture of the market.

Anyway I am rambling on and need to just concentrate on increasing my bank and getting experience for now before I think about re-investing any profit made.

I am currently up £64.13 from when I started trading on the 5th of this month using £10 stakes. Its not a very impressive figure but it has provided me with a starting point and the confidence that trading could one day replace my day job!! - Lets hope ;)




No comments:

Post a Comment