Friday 13 May 2011

I need to slow down


Yesterday was another good start to my trading but I came back today for my lunch from work and traded a couple of races as I was on a high from making good profits the last couple of days. I made a small loss of 83p so it back fired on me!

Lesson learnt: I need to slow down and only trade when I have some proper time to do nothing else but trade.

I ended the yesterday with £9.10 profit after 25 markets ( £1 of which was on a tennis match - just to see how the the in-play trading works!) From 30 minutes watching the tennis match through Betfair's video stream and watching the odds they seemed quite predictable to judge the general movement but tricky with the in-play bet submission delay betfair impose to make a quick trade from it.

For now I will stick with my current strategy, get in and out the market as fast as I can - just take the 1-2 tick profit and will leave tennis matches alone for now!

Today I have been working but came back home to trade during my lunch break for 30 minutes and managed to get 2 races traded. 1st race was -£2.76 and 2nd was +£1.93. I shouldn't really have traded any markets today but it was tempting to nip around the corner from work to make some money from unpaid wasted time hanging around at work! It backfired on me today though!


My profit and loss from yesterday.

I am off to the Blackpool v Bolton match tomorrow which should be a good one!

I think Blackpool need to get another 4 points to secure their place in the Premier League next season.

Blackpool play Man United next week to finish the season off so it could be a disaster for us. But what a season we have had!


Up the Mighty Pool!!

No comments:

Post a Comment