Monday 16 May 2011

Déjà vu?

Todays profit/loss: +£5.10

Tonight's trading was the same as yesterdays. Very frustrating to say the least and I think I was very lucky to walk away with any profit from the 9 markets I traded tonight.

I had been working all day until 18:30 and decided to rush some dinner down and trade the last 9 markets. I think I am realising successful trading is only possible with a focused, stable and patient mindset and should not be messed with high concentration levels!

The positives so far from my first week part time trading is I am +£38.22 up, I have not let a market run in-play (which I am very pleased about!!), and have hedged every profit or loss incurred; the largest loss of which was just over £3 using £10 stakes :S.

I may take tomorrow night off or just trade gently to sort out my mindset and learn when to enter and exit my trades better.

At the moment I seem to just be jumping in and out the markets too often, most trades of which are scratched instantly.

If I could make the same profit in week 2 I would be very pleased at this point... Watch this space!

*UPDATE 22:00*
I decided to have a go trading a couple of football matches just now with £5 stakes and managed to make a profit of £3.22 on the 'Soccer' (Football!!)

Just exited a position, to make a nice profit and within about 5 seconds a 4th goal was scored when I was trading the over 3.5 goals market, I think markets like that are too risky for me as I would not know how to trade and once a goal is scored us traders are screwed!

Anyway I will take the profit today and tread carefully next time!


No comments:

Post a Comment