Sunday 5 June 2011

Doubled the bank

This evening's profit/loss: +£6.93
Yesterday's profit/loss: +£11.36

My trading journey started on the 5th of May and a month to the day I have managed to double my bank from £100 to as it stands, £201.11.

Over that period I have traded almost 500 markets and have not taken a trade in-play (which I am very pleased about).

My mindset to trading has changed since I first starting having a flutter and I lost £30 sometimes and thought nothing of it. This time I have managed to sit down trading to make just £5 a day. Its amazing how my view on money has changed - for the better.

I have to confess I did actually use a £2 stake to lay the Queen's horse, Carlton House during the race as there was so much hype on the race and over £5m traded on Betfair alone.

Yesterday I did not trade many (if any) of the Epsom meeting as there was just too much money getting matched and I did not feel up to it, but I wanted to make something off the derby so decided to watch it through BBC1 online and had a £2 lay bet on Carlton House (that I hedged for +89p!)

Over the last month I have not really been keeping tight grips on the losses I have incurred and just tried to go for an overall profit instead of taking each race by race.

From now on I am trying to batten down the hatch and minimise every loss. I would have had a much bigger profit if I just took my time and placed half as many trades if I did not throw away some money trading.

Tonight I did just that from 10 markets and managed a respectable +£6.93 profit with a couple of small losses.

I am tempted to set a goal for myself to meet at the end of June but I am just going to take it as I say race-by-race and see what happens. I am still learning something new each race and I do not want to set any target that is unrealistic or possibly too easy that could damage my mindset and performance.

I will catch some of the races next on Tuesday evening and hoping to trade all day Wednesday and Thursday this week.

Good luck what ever you are doing!!

No comments:

Post a Comment