Thursday 2 June 2011

Contingency plan needed

Today's profit/loss: +£13.07
Yesterday's profit/loss: -£2.14


Today it happened as I predicted it would at some stage.

I was looking after my brother today (5) and showed him how to use the house phone in the morning, and use speed dial to ring people.
Later on when I was trading I could hear a few mobiles going off down stairs (caused by my brother!) and a bit later the internet connection was shut down which sometimes happens when a phone is left off the hook. This happened when I had a lay bet in of £16 on odds around 6.0 . With 2 minutes until the race was due to start, I had to disconnect my laptop from upstairs, run down with it, try and sort out the wireless router that could have been the problem and thanfully I got it back online just before the race began.

As soon as I saw the Geeks Toy connection go haywire I placed a scratch trade in the market hoping it would be taken - thankfully it did at some point and no damage was done this time!!

The day over all started poorly and in the last 15 markets I traded I racked in £12.81 after wasting the first 16 markets of the day.

Anyway a decent result but I want to start seeing more improvements from myself.

There are quite a few times where I 'feel' there is a good opportunity the market will swing but instead I end up trying to scalp all the way instead of place a trade and let it run. This way would reduce my workload and produce a larger hedge figure. It would also allow me to add more to the swing trade if its looking good - so I will be looking out for these a lot more in the future.

Finally I got a message last night from a well known Betfair trader with some good advice that was to use stakes I feel comfortable with. So I was experimenting with £16 stakes which I have to say went well today. Maybe a fluke but only time will tell.

Can't trade tomorrow unfortunately as I have to go to my 'real' job selling petrol to motorists but may catch a few markets on Saturday.

I also need to investigate having a backup plan if my internet connection cuts out again. Anyone got any suggestions - leave a comment!

Graph below: Shows the 31 races traded and a running profit/loss.

No comments:

Post a Comment